PAGC First Annual Spring Meeting 2017
The Pennsylvania Association of Genetic Counselors held it's first Annual Spring Education Conference on Monday, April 24, 2017 In the John G. Rangos Sr. Research Center at Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC in Pittsburgh, PA.
We are thrilled to have had over 70 genetic counselors in attendance from across Pennsylvania. A list of the topics and speakers are below. Most of the slide decks will be posted in our Member Center.
Topics & Speakers:
- Precision Medicine's Promise(s) and Problems: Ethics and Public Perception
- Utilizing ClinGen Resources in Your Practice
- Section of Genetic Counseling at CHOP: Organizing for Advocacy and Professional Development
- The Fall of Pompe: the NBS experience in the Plain community
- Psychosocial Issues in a Case of Consanguinity
- Hemophilia: A Fresh Look at an Old Diagnosis
- It’s Not You, It’s Your Tumor: Navigating the journey from somatic tumor testing to the genetics clinic
- Challenges of tp53 Somatic Mosaicism in the World of Cancer Genetics
- Prognostic Dilemmas and Genetic Counseling for Prenatally-Detected Fragile X Expansions
- Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC Center for Rare Disease Therapy
- University of Pittsburgh Genetic Counseling Program